Are you a Young Democrat of Howard County? Are you doorknocking, phonebanking, or textbanking for a Howard County Democrat? You could win!
How to participate:
- Attend at least one (1) HoCo Young Dems meeting between July 1, 2022 – November 8, 2022
- Volunteer for any Democratic candidate that will represent Howard County including:
- State Attorney General
- County Executive
- County Council
- Board of Education*
- Courthouse Slate
- State Senate (9, 12, 13)
- State Delegate (9A, 9B, 12A, 13)
- Take a selfie while volunteering! Post the selfie on social media and tag @hocoyoungdems and the candidate you are with
- Complete the monthly form (listed below)
- Earn 1 raffle ticket per hour of service
- Must be a Howard County Young Democrat (anyone 35 years of age or younger as of November 9, 2022)
- Must be a volunteer for campaigns. Board members of any Howard County Democratic club, paid staff, campaign chairs, campaign treasurers, candidates, and elected officials are not eligible to participate.
- Winners cannot win more than one prize.
- September Drawing
- Enter between September 1 – September 30
- Prize winner drawn and announced on October 3
- September Prize: $100 Visa Giftcard
- October Drawing
- Enter between October 1 – October 31
- Prize winner drawn and announced on November 2
- November Drawing
- Enter between November 1 – November 8
- Prize winner drawn and announced on November 9
Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Monthly Submission Forms
Frequently Asked Questions
Can anyone participate?
Yes! As long as you meet the eligibility requirements (see above), we encourage you to log your time and enter to win a prize for your hard work and dedication to the Howard County Democratic party.
What if I haven’t been to a Young Dems meeting yet? Can I still participate?
We can’t wait to have you join us for one of our upcoming meetings! If you have not yet attended a Young Dems meeting, continue to log your campaigning volunteer hours using the form(s) posted above. If your raffle is drawn and you still have not attended a Young Dems meeting upon the draw date, unfortunately, you will not win the prize for that month. So… don’t miss a meeting! Sign up for our email alerts, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter and Instagram so that you don’t miss coming to an upcoming meeting!
I volunteered for a half hour. Can I still log my time?
Please log all of your time! Raffle tickets are only awarded per 1 hour of service, rounding down. We will sum all of your time over the course of the month to determine how many raffle tickets you should be awarded. For example, let’s say you volunteer from 9am – 10:45am, that equals 1.75 hrs, which earns you 1 raffle ticket. Let’s continue that same example: suppose you do that same service every week for 4 weeks. Now the 1.75 hrs x 4 = 7 hrs of service, which earns you 7 raffle tickets!
How exactly do the drawings work?
Glad you asked! Non-winning raffles are never purged. All raffle tickets earned throughout the 2022 General Election cycle accumulate into a growing and larger pool. Per our eligibility requirements, winners cannot earn more than one prize during the 2022 General Election cycle. If a previous winner is drawn again, another drawing will occur until a new winner is identified.
How do I find volunteer opportunities for campaigns in Howard County?
Another excellent question — we are so thrilled that you are looking to get involved! For starters, sign up for our email alerts, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter and Instagram. Over the next few weeks, we will be sharing out more volunteer opportunities on all of our platforms. You should also check out what campaigns are offering. Visit their websites, sign up for their email alerts, or even reach out to one of your favorite candidates. If you have any trouble at all, are looking for a connect, or want more information, please do not hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com